Friday, March 10, 2006

My first blog

Jumping on the bandwagon. I've decided to create a blog website. Bronwen has already done so at www.brondekkerhome.blogspot.com. When she'd done that, I searched for my own name to discover a young Dutch boy with the same name as me (yes, even the same spelling!) had beaten me to it.

Alain and Bronwen:
Grew up in KwaZulu-Natal going to Hillcrest High and Northwood Girls High. University at Unversity of Natal-Durban (now the University of KwaZulu-Natal) . Both did Chemistry, though our majors were Physics and Biology respectively. Married in 1998 and Bronwen came over to the UK in 2000 for PhD

Alain is the creator of the Dekker Gambit in Chess (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd5 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 6.g4!?) more of which will appear on this blog later. I am also interested in many other games such as Xiangqi, Go and pacru (www.pacru.com).

If you hit on this blog, why not comment on it, or drop me a line at abdekker AT fsmail.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home